“Health is Wealth.” The most important step to maintain this wealth is to get a health insurance policy for you as well as your family. But, sometimes the premiums of such policies can leave you in and out of the budget situation. Can you really do something to bring down your premium? Read on to learn about the 5 quickest ways to lower your health insurance premium.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle
Living a healthy life has many benefits. Your healthy lifestyle can easily help you in bringing down the health insurance premium. Exercise regularly, eat healthy diet, avoid smoking and heavy drinking– and your visits to the doctor will surely be minimized. The healthier you are, the lesser you are represented as a risk for the insurance company.
- Shop for the best available price
One of the best options to keep your premium lowest is to go out and shop around for the health care policy. This will ensure that you find the best available policy that fits in your budget. Do a thorough research before investing in any policy. You can get information from your friends and relatives or even Internet.
- Take up plans with higher deductibles
Insurance plans with higher deductibles tend to have lower premiums. Typically, deductible is the amount you are expected to pay toward hospital, doctor, and other medical bills. Taking up a plan with a higher deductible may not be a universally applicable idea. If you’re generally healthy and do not fall ill very frequently, then you can take up this plan. This way you can keep your premium at a lower rate and avail basic health care facilities as well. But, if you have a history of some major consistent illness, avoid taking this plan.
- Take up a policy early in your life
The premium varies to a great extent with the age of the person. Try and get a policy as early in your life as you can. For example, if you buy a policy at the age of 25, then you’ll have to pay lesser premium but, if you go for the same policy at the age of 50 you’ll end up paying a raised premium amount.
- Get in touch with independent insurance agents
You can take help from independent insurance agents. These agents represent several insurance agencies and can guide you to pick the right kind of health insurance policy and then plan your premiums at an affordable rate. Since independent agents will compete to get the business– so you’ll get serious offers quickly.
Business Interruption Insurance, which reimburses you for the lost income during a shutdown, applies only to the damage covered under your business property insurance policy. There won’t be reimbursement for the loss caused due to the closure of business because of the earthquake. For it, you must have an earthquake coverage policy.
Protection Against Terrorist Attack Losses
In the US, loss due to any terrorism is covered only for those businesses that have optional terrorism coverage. It comes under the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act 2002. Still, there are exceptions in workers’ compensation, which include injuries and deaths due to acts of terrorism.
Needs of Business Insurance:
Whether it is a small enterprise or a large corporation, the success of a business always depends largely on the hard work and ingenuity of its employees. Yet, a single disaster can eliminate all the profits, wipe out a business and leave many hard working employees on the street. The only key to make sure that all the money and effort that have been invested in a business is completely secure in case of any tragedy to the business is to protect the business with an appropriate insurance policy.
There are mainly five ways to save big bucks on a business insurance policy and they are as follows:
- Shop around: Now a days it is very easy in getting the names of companies or brokers who specialize in business insurance and comparing prices online before purchasing, this alone can save you truck loads off your monthly premiums over the next few years.
- Choosing a higher deductible: By choosing a higher deductible you the customer pay less for the policy. As an additional side note here, this also works for home and auto insurance and can save you thousands over the next few years as long as you know that if you need to make a claim it will be a higher fee.
- Purchasing a package policy: It is sometimes cheaper to purchase a package policy rather than individual coverage and this can be ideal for small and medium sized businesses.
- Work closely with the insurance agent: By working closely with your insurance agent you’ll get valuable advice to protect your business from unexpected disasters.
- Follow the Insurer’s recommendations: By following your insurer’s recommendations and guidelines you will be able to reduce your premiums. Basically this is because the insurer thinks you are less likely to make a claim.
Benefits of Business Insurance:
Countless hours from talented staff are spent in developing your business. Therefore it is very important to plan to secure your business from a lawsuit, natural disaster strike or some other crisis. And thus we find the actual need of business insurance.
Not usually manditory, most businesses have a certain kind of insurance whether they are a for-profit or nonprofit company. That is why business insurance is very essential for every companies as business risks increase year by year. It is very necessary to know what insurance to purchase depending on the nature of your business. If there are lots of assets in your business then the theft and property damage insurance should be considered as well.